Scholarships for LGBT
A large number of scholarship are aimed at the LGBT community, as these students have to face significant hurdles both in their academic as well as personal lives. Due to this, there are a large number of Scholarship available for students of this community and also to students who are actively involved in the upliftment of this community.
There is a list of LGBT Scholarship given below, and I would be explaining about some of them.
|American Atheists Gay/Lesbian College Scholarship||Tyler Clementi Point Scholarship|
|APIQWTC Scholarship||Queer Foundation Scholarship Fund|
|Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Diversity Scholarship||Out to Protect Scholarship|
|Brandon E. Bitner Memorial Scholarship||NGPA Pilot Scholarship|
|Chrysler Fund Reaching Out MBA Scholarship||Malyon-Smith Scholarship Award|
|Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund||LGBT Scholarship - UCSD|
|Gamma Mu Foundation Scholarships||LGBT HEART Scholarship Fund|
American Atheists Gay/Lesbian College Scholarship
- Sponsered by - American Atheists Center
- For - LGBT students who combine the activism for gay rights with the rights of atheist Americans
- Conditions - Applicants or their parents must be an atheist to apply
- Prize money - 1st Place- $2,000, and Runner-up- $1,000
- Application Deadline - February 1st
Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Diversity Scholarship
- Sponsered by - Bill Caspare Memorial Fund
- For - LGBT students interested in New Media/Digital Advertising and/or Data Science
- Conditions - Should be a full-time student with GPA of 3.25 or above
- Prize money - $10,000
- Application Deadline - June 29
Gamma Mu Foundation Scholarships
- Sponsered by - Gamma Mu Foundation
- For - Gay men under 35
- Conditions - Leadership role within the gay community
- Prize money - $1,000 to $ 2,500
- Application Deadline - March 31
LGBT HEART Scholarship Fund
- Sponsered by - Pride Foundation
- For - Actively involved LGBT students in a health sciences program
- Condition - Applicant should submit and their transcript and recommendation letter
- Prize money - $2,000
- Application Deadline - June 30
Malyon-Smith Scholarship Award
- Sponsered by - Division 44
- For - Graduate level LGBT students involved in a psychology program
- Condition - Must be involved in a full-time Department of Psychology at the graduate level and letter of recommendation
- Prize money - $1,000
- Application Deadline - March 30
LGBT and Online colleges
LGBT students find online college to be more beneficial to them in comparison to traditional colleges as:
- Flexibility to pick a schedule
- Low tuition cost
- Students can continue their career and help make it better by attending online classes
Most LGBT Friendly Colleges
|Indiana State University||San Diego State University|
|University of Washington||University of Oregon|
|Tufts University||University of California, LA|
"Whoever you are, however, you identify, and whatever you are going through, everyone should have access to a safe and fulfilling education if they desire one."
Education is something that everyone is entitled to get, as bringing up the scholarship for them would act as a motivation factor for them. As these are the small things that can make a huge difference in their lives and also increase their confidence. This would make them feel that they are not boycotted and they are one among us.
1) Who are eligible for a Scholarship for LGBT?
LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. The scholarships for LGBT is only awarded to those who openly identify themselves as LGBT specifically. The student must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States. The student must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
2) Can the applicant see the letter of recommendation?
Yes, The applicant can view all the associated documents attached to his/her's application for the scholarship for LGBT.
3) If I am awarded the scholarship for LGBT, can it be put-off?
No, once you are awarded a scholarship for LBGT, it won't be taken back. It's intended is to help the LGBT community with their further education.
4) Is the scholarship paid to the awardee?
No, the scholarship grant money is not given to the awardee but is directly paid to the institution in which the awardee is enrolled with on behalf of the awardee.
5) Can I apply for the scholarship for LGBT after the deadline?
No, you cannot submit your application after the deadline for submitting the application. Once the scholarship application closes, the system discards any incomplete applications and routes the completed ones to the review board. There is no manual process available.