About the Scholarship
Garland Duncan Scholarship is accredited and is produced by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
The foundation is a non-profit organization that was established in the year 1880 by a small group of leading industrialists, that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing, and career enrichment toward a goal of helping the global engineering community develop solutions to benefit lives and livelihoods.
Garland Duncan Scholarship was started in the year 1993 in memory of Garland Duncan, a former Chairman of Palm Beach Section to support students who needs financial assistance to pay for their education.
- Students are informed to submit their acceptance letter from the school they are enrolled in.
- Candidates must demonstrate their financial need and submit application form by filling it online.
- Students must submit an essay describing their interests and goals.
- Two-letter of recommendation from faculty members, professors, or supervising engineers.
- The understudies applying for this award must present a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application form to determine that for what scholarship award they are eligible for.
Scholarship Award Amount
- This scholarship award amounts to $5000 annually which is non-renewable.
- The total number of awards offered through this scholarship is limited to 2 candidates each academic year based on total number of applications received.
The applications are to be presented to the concerned department of the organization on or before the end of March 01, 2020. Students are advised to submit all the required documents in advance to avoid their application getting disqualified.
A recipient must be a college junior or senior in the upcoming academic year.
Must be enrolled in mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technology, or related baccalaureate program.
Candidates must enroll full time and be a legal resident of the United States or an eligible non-US citizen.
Scholarships you may also be interested in
For more, you can visit our College Scholarships Directory