About the Scholarship
Joseph Ayala Scholarship for Young Artists is sponsored by FIRSTheatre. The main aim of the foundation is building and nurturing partnerships with public and private groups, civil society, and Ayala to achieve impact, scale, and sustainability for everyone involved. The scholarships are provided to Young Artists to current high school students (juniors or seniors) who are actively involved in their school drama department.
What are the basic requirements needed to apply for this scholarship?
- Students must submit an essay (500 – 750 words) that explains their education and career goals.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application must be completed by the candidates in order to receive this scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need to apply for this award.
- Official transcripts must be submitted by the students.
Joseph Ayala Scholarship for Young Artists award amounts to
- This scholarship provides $200 USD.
- The total number of awards offered by this scholarship is limited to one candidate each year.
The applications are to be submitted by the end of April 01, 2020. Students are informed to submit their scholarship application and other requirements are to be submitted before the due date. Applications and other information are available online on the FIRSTheatre website. The Scholarship Winner will be selected based on the originality, relevance, and eloquence of the applicant’s essay. Winner will be notified privately via the email address provided in the application.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
The student must be a junior or senior student in high school.
The student should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or more.
The student should be enrolled at an accredited institution for higher education.
The applicant must have been active in the school drama department.