About the Scholarship
Kentucky Teacher Scholarship Program is authorized by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority. The establishment is a public corporation and legislative agency and instrumentality of the Commonwealth set up in 1966 to improve understudies' access to higher education.
This program gives a need-based financial guide to Kentucky occupant college understudies pursuing teacher certification at participating Kentucky colleges.
How to apply for this scholarship?
- Applicants must complete the Go Higher Grant Application.
- The candidates are educated to present their FAFSA application to get this award.
- Students must demonstrate financial need to meet the eligibility.
Kentucky Go Higher Grant award amounts to
- This scholarship provides $1000 annually which is non-renewable.
- The total number of awards offered by this scholarship varies depending on the availability of funds and students meeting their requirements.
The application deadline has not yet been finalized. Students are informed to submit their scholarship application and other requirements are to be submitted before meet the eligibility. Applications and other data are accessible online on the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority website.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen as well as a resident of Kentucky.
The applicant must meet any one of the criteria: Be admitted to a teacher education program pursuing initial teacher certification at a participating Kentucky college, or Be a certified teacher (primary through grade 12) pursuing additional credentialing for classroom teaching.
The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
The applicant must meet the school’s satisfactory academic progress requirements.
The applicant must teach one semester at a Kentucky public or certified non-public school for each semester the scholarship is received.
The applicant will have to repay the scholarship plus interest if the teacher education program or service requirement is not completed.