About the Scholarship
Madeline Pickett Cogswell Nursing Scholarship is accredited by the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). The foundation is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women's service organization that was established in the year 1890 that is dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America's future through better education for children.
Madeline Pickett Cogswell Nursing Scholarship is provided to two students who are accepted or enrolled in an accredited school of nursing.
What are the requirements needed while applying for this scholarship?
- Candidates must provide a personal statement of 1000 words or less describing their career objectives.
- A recent copy of your high school transcript must have been submitted.
- Students must demonstrate financial need to meet the eligibility.
- The understudies applying for this award must present a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
Madeline Pickett Cogswell Nursing Scholarship award amounts to
This scholarship provides $2500 each year which is non-renewable.
The total number of awards offered by this scholarship is limited to 2 candidates each year based on the availability of funds and students meeting their requirements.
The applications are to be presented before the end of February 10, 2020. Understudies are informed to present their grant application, and other requirements are to be submitted before the due date. Applications and other data are accessible online on the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) website.
Candidate must be members, descendants of members or be eligible for membership in NSDAR.
Candidate must be citizens of the United States and must attend or plan to attend an accredited nursing college or university in the United States.
- The DAR member number of the mother, grandmother or step-mother, who is a current dues paying member, must be on the application.