About the Scholarship
Moody's Mega Math (M3) Challenge is awarded by the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), an NPO that promotes the use of applied mathematics to traverse and support their mathematical modeling knowledge to ready themselves for the opportunities for success.
Moody's Mega Math (M3) Challenge is a team-based competition that provides incentives and rewards to school teams with an outstanding and exceptional understanding of applied mathematics, finance and economics.
How to Apply?
The materials required to apply for the Moody's Mega Math (M3) Challenge can be found
- A completed application which can be found online on the official website of SIAM.
- A team of 3-5 members along with one eligible coach.
- A consent form signed by the applicant's parent/guardian
- A signed authenticity certification form
- A signed agreement form
All the required materials must reach the provided destination on or before the deadline date.
The monetary rewards provided by the Moodys Mega Math (M3) Challenge are as follows:
- $20,000 - Summa Cum Laude Team Prize - First prize
- $15,000 - Magna Cum Laude Team Prize - Second prize
- $10,000 - Cum Laude Team Prize - Third prize
- $5000 - Meritorious Team Prize - 3 Finalists Prize
- $1500 - $1000 - Honorable Mention Prizes for up to 80 participating teams
These awards are non-renewable and must be divided equally to the whole team.
The final date to apply for the Moodys Mega Math (M3) Challenge is February 21, 2020. An additional 11 days' time will be provided to make any changes to the registered teams.
The Moodys Mega Math (M3) Challenge requires its participants to:
- attend an international or U.S. high school in the United States.
- be a high school junior or senior at time of application.