About the Scholarship
The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing is awarded by the National Center for Women and Information Technology (NCWIT), an educational forum provides no-cost and simple resources and programs for teachers to gain inclusiveness in their education and for parents to promote the younger generation to pursue education and careers in computing.
The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing encourages the women of the unprecedented groups in the U.S., to take up education and careers in the computing field by providing them with financial assistance and several other incentives that may help them in their future of academics.
How to Apply?
The materials required to be considered for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing are:
- A completed application, which can be found online on the official website of NCWIT
- Three short-answers in 500 words each on the queries mentioned
- The contact details of the parent/guardian of the applicant
- The contact details of the applicant's school officials
The above-mentioned materials must be submitted on or before the deadline date.
The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing provides a monetary reward of $500, along with a laptop, a trophy for both the award winner as well as the winner's school and an all-inclusive trip to Charlotte, NC, in March for the Bank of America Technology Showcase and Awards Ceremony with a parent or guardian.
The number of awards varies each year.
The final date to apply for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing is November 5.
The individuals applying for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing must:
- be currently enrolled in a U.S. high school (grades 9-12).
- be female residing in the United States of America.
- have a demonstrated, outstanding aptitude and interest in information technology/computing.
- have a good academic history, typically a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- have a valid Social Security or tax ID number for tax purposes.