About the Scholarship
The Student Pilot Scholarship is organized by the San Diego Chapter of "the Ninety-Nines" Inc., an organization that supports and teaches women who are or wish to be pilots in the greater San Diego.
Student Pilot Scholarship promotes and encourages women to introduce themselves to the Aviation careers. It is financial assistance that helps aspiring women to enter their preferred aviation course.
How to Apply?
The aspiring applicants can find the application on the official website of the San Diego Chapter of "the Ninety-Nines", Inc.
In addition to the application, the following materials need to be attached to be considered for the Student Pilot Scholarship:
- A self-written one-page essay on the topic mentioned in the application
- A copy of the candidate's medical certificate
- Three letters of recommendation from certified individuals, along with their contact details
- Aviation test results along with the solo-entry
The respective documents need to be submitted online in PDF format on or before the deadline date.
The Student Pilot Scholarship provides one monetary reward of $1000.
The reward is non-renewable and must be expended within a time period of 90 days.
The respective documents need to be submitted online in PDF format on or before the deadline date of September 30, 2020.
The candidate applying for the Student Pilot Scholarship must:
- be a female resident of San Diego, California.
- be a U.S. student pilot planning to pursue a private pilot certificate and have passed the written test and completed a solo flight.
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.