About the Scholarship
The Legal Opportunity Scholarship is organized by the American Bar Association, a professional association that defends liberty and delivers justice as the country-wide representative of the official profession.
The Legal Opportunity Scholarship financially assists the students belonging to the minor community, in terms of race and ethnicity, etc. in order to be able to apply to law school, as well as encourage the students to opt for careers in the field of law.
How to Apply?
The Legal Opportunity Scholarship requires the following documents to be uploaded online to evaluate the eligible candidates:
- a completed application, available online on the official website of American Bar Association (ABA)
- a self-written personal statement in 1000 words
- An under-graduate school unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from certified candidates
The application and the supporting documents must be submitted online on or before the deadline date.
The Legal Opportunity Scholarship awards monetary rewards amounting to $5000 each, every year.
A total of 20 candidates are presented with the awards, which can be renewed for the next 2 years.
To be considered for the Legal Opportunity Scholarship, the application and the above-mentioned supporting documents must be submitted online on or before the deadline date of 1 May.
The Legal Opportunity Scholarship requires the eligible candidates to:
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- be starting their first year of law school.
- have achieved a 2.5-grade point average on a 4.0 scale as an undergraduate.
- be a racially and ethnically diverse U.S. students.