About the Scholarship
The main motive behind the Rangel Graduate Fellowship Program is to attract and prepare extraordinary youth for careers in the Foreign Service of the U.S. Department of State in which they can help in formulating, representing and implementing U.S. foreign policy.
The Rangel Graduate Fellowship Program provides two-years' worth of funding for academic expenses, along with designated placement as a Foreign Services Officer.
Applicants who successfully complete the program along with the Foreign Service entry requirements will receive respective appointments as Foreign Service Officers.
How to Apply?
The application to apply for the Rangel Graduate Fellowship Program, the applicants may find the respective application form online at the official website of the Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program.
In addition to the online Application form, the following documents need to be presented by the applicant:
- The applicant's personal experiences and educational background information
- The applicant's personal statement, with a detailed account of their interest in foreign affairs (600 words)
- The applicant's personal statement, describing their financial need (400 words)
- Two letters of Recommendation, regarding the respective applicant
- The applicant's proof of US Citizenship
- A copy of the applicant's Student Aid Report (SAR), generated through completing the FAFSA
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) scores
- A copy of official transcripts from all the educational institutions the applicant has attended
- An official copy of the applicant's most recent university financial aid report
All the respective documents, excluding the letters of Recommendation, must either be in .doc or .pdf format.
All the respective documents must be submitted online on or before the deadline date.
The Rangel Graduate Fellowship Program provides a scholarship amounting to $30000, including two years' worth of funding for academic expenses, along with designated placement as a Foreign Services Officer.
The Applicants must apply for the Rangel Graduate Fellowship program on for before February 4, 2020.
Applicants need to consider the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Rangel Graduate Fellowship program:
The applicant must belong to a minority category.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
The applicant must be accepted to or enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application.
The applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.2.
The applicant must plan to major in foreign affairs in the future.
The applicant must be a U.S. student.