About the Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded by “LetGrow.org”.
Letgrow.org wants students to think about what it means to be "secure" from expression, thoughts, conflict and disagreement at Let Grow, a non-partisan non-profit committed to restore resilience.
A panel of judges chosen by Let Grow will review all essay submissions. All judging decisions will be final, and any plagiarism evidence must lead to immediate disqualification. The winners selected will be informed by the end of April 2020.
How to apply for the Scholarship?
- Applications and information can be accessed via the link provided for this scholarship. Students must submit a completed application form and essay response to one of the topic prompts listed in order to be considered for this award.
- Essays must have a length of between 500 and 800 words and must be the entirely original work of the student whose name is listed in the entry form.
- It is necessary to submit all applications and essays online no later than the deadline.
Award amount of the Scholarship:
Only 1 award at $5,000 for first place and three runner-up awards at $1,000.
All scholarships are provided on a one-time basis and are non-renewable.
Three awards offered: one first-prize scholarship and two runner-up scholarships will be provided.
Deadline for the scholarship:
The Deadline for this scholarship is on Saturday, February 29, 2020
- He/ She must be 13 years of age or older and planning to enroll in a college or university for the first time no later than the fall of 2024.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in middle school or high school.