958 - 1178
19 - 24
Austin Peay State University Admissions
Austin Peay State University desires to create a harmonizing and collaborative community that strives for perpetual learning. ASPU offers explicit Admission Processes specific to the needs of students, admission groups students might fit into include First-Time Freshman, Transfer, Readmit, International, Transient, Special, and Graduate Students.
How to apply for admission at Austin Peay State University?
- Apply Online by paying an application fee of $25, which can be paid online, by mail or in person.
- Submit Official SAT or ACT from SAT/ACT center to the University’s office of admission. To send SAT or ACT scores directly to APSU, students can enter University’s ACT code of 03944 and SAT code of 1028 on their exams.
- Send an official copy of academic transcripts from the High School guidance counselor or GED/HiSET test center to APSU’s office of admission. APSU does not accept high school certificates, special education diplomas, and hand-delivered transcripts.
- Find out if the program or degree you wish to pursue requires a Placement Test. This test can provide the student and academic advisor with comprehensive information about individual skills and readiness for the degree or program. A placement test can help in choosing courses suitable for you.
- Apply for financial aid. To apply for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. The school code is “003478”. Scholarships are also offered by APSU which is another way to fund education.
- Submit Evidence of Lawful Presence.
- Submit Medical Forms. APSU requires proof of immunizations from applicants.
Austin Peay State University Admissions Office
601 College Street
Clarksville, TN 37044
SAT Scores you need to get in
958 - 1178
Applicants Submitting SAT
The SAT scores of the applicants are also considered by Austin Peay State University for their admission. Apart from other things, the candidates need to know that SAT scores are compulsory to be considered for admission to the university. And, the average SAT score of students who get into the university is 1065. However, even those applicants with SAT scores of 960 or below could also be accepted in some cases. Around 1% of the applicants furnish their SAT scores in order to be considered for admission by the university.
ACT Scores you need to get in
19 - 24
Applicants Submitting ACT
Coming to the ACT scores that candidates need to get accepted to Austin Peay State University, the latest data suggests that one requires an average ACT score of 21. Notably, the composite ACT scores of most applicants who get accepted by Austin Peay State University are generally within the 19-24 range. However, a minimum ACT composite score of 19 is necessary to be considered for admission by the institution. Moreover, the submission of ACT scores is mandatory to be considered for admission. The latest information shows that 85% of the applicants submit their ACT scores for admission to this institute.
Estimated GPA Requirements & Average GPA
Grade Points Average (GPA)
The university exercises a "relatively selective" policy when it comes down to enrolling students.
The high school GPA of admitted students averages at 3.2 on a scale of 4.0. Therefore, students with a moderately good academic background will have no trouble getting into CU.
Neither required nor recommended
What are the requirements to get into Austin Peay State University?
- Application Fee of $25 to apply online.
- Official high school transcript
- ACT/SAT scores
- Placement Tests for some programs or degrees.
- Evidence of Lawful Presence
- Medical form as proof of immunization.
Accepts Coalition App
Application Deadlines for admissions at Austin Peay State University varies and are as follows
Summer I (current academic year) is May 19
Summer II(current academic year) is June 29
Summer III(current academic year) is May 13
Fall I(current academic year)is August 12
Fall II(current academic year) is October 12
Spring I(next year) is January 9, and Spring II is March 8.
Acceptance Rate and Admission Statistics
|Percentage of admitted who Enrolled (Admission Yield)||25%||32%||28%|
Credit for Life Experiences
Many universities in the US incentivize students by helping them earn university credits by taking certain courses that are available for them in high school. Here are the names of some of such popular programs: AP Credit, CLEP (Credit for Life Experiences), and Dual Enrollment (also known as Dual Credit). As far as the policy of these credits is concerned, each university has a different one. The advantages of such programs include a shorter time to complete a degree, an increased chance of finishing a degree, and a higher GPA. Students who want to avail CLEP and AP credits can go to the website, collegeboard.org, and request to submit the scores to the university of their choice.