California Southern University Admissions
The candidates seeking admission in California Southern University must have a sufficient command of the English language to benefit from instruction at the university if their primary language is not English. The candidates must provide evidence of English proficiency in one of the following ways:
For undergraduate programs:
The candidates must have secured a minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 61 on the Internet-Based Test, a 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 44 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
The candidates should have completed a high school diploma from an appropriately accredited/ recognized high school (with the medium of instruction as English).
For Master’s Degree programs:
The candidates must have secured a minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 71 on the Internet-Based Test, a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 50 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
For LLM and First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree:
The candidates must have secured a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 80 on the Internet-Based Test, a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 58 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
The candidates should have secured a minimum score of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS English as a Second Language Placement Test.
The candidates should have secured a minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam.
Estimated GPA Requirements & Average GPA
Grade Points Average (GPA)
For Bachelor Programs
- The candidates are required to have a high school diploma from an accredited institution or a GED.
- The candidates are required to have a current license as a registered nurse in the state where they practice if they are seeking admission into the Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing program.
- A total of 120-semester credits are required for the bachelor’s degree. For coursework completed at an appropriately accredited postsecondary institution, the California Southern University may accept a maximum of 90-semester credits in transfer toward the bachelor’s degree.
- The credit earned in national examinations such as CLEP and DSST, or in military service schools may be accepted in transfer additionally.
- To be considered for transfer, the credit must be earned in undergraduate courses with a grade of “C” or higher.
- California Southern University must have official transcripts of college work, official transcripts of CLEP results, and a certified copy of the DD-214 for military schooling or military transcripts of the students in order to evaluate prior work.
- A block transfer may be possible if the applicant has earned an associate degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
For Master's Degree
- The candidates are required to have a bachelor‘s degree or its equivalent completed at an appropriately accredited postsecondary institution for admission to the master’s programs.
- The candidates seeking admission to the MBA program must have previously completed a bachelor’s degree in a business-related area or should have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in business, industry, or a non-profit organization.
- The candidates seeking admission for MBA program applicants but do not meet the criteria mentioned above must successfully complete MGT 85900, Business Management, prior to enrolling in their first MBA course.
- The candidates are required to have a valid RN license and bachelor’s of science in nursing if they are seeking admission to a Master of Science in Nursing program.
- The applicants for the graduate program should submit a Personal Statement as defined in the application and Enrollment Process.
- To assess writing ability, readiness to pursue a graduate degree, and potential for success as a student at California Southern University, the Academic Evaluation Team uses the Personal Statement of the applicants.
- A maximum of 6 graduate semester credits may be accepted by the California Southern University in transfer toward the MBA, MSL, M.Ed, MSLEEL, MSN or MS and a maximum of 12 credits towards the MA.
- To be considered for transfer, the credit must be earned in graduate courses with a grade of “B” or higher.
One important thing to keep in mind is that California Southern University is a diploma mill that operates out of Houston TX and is registered in the South Pacific region.
Accepts Coalition App
The application deadline is maintained on January 15 of every year and the application fee of the online application form is $85.
Acceptance Rate and Admission Statistics
|Percentage of admitted who Enrolled (Admission Yield)||40%||42%||41%|
Credit for Life Experiences