1150 - 1360
24 - 31
Indiana University Bloomington Admissions
INDIANA UNIVERSITY BLOOMINGTON ADMISSIONS
A public research institute in Bloomington, Indiana, IU has an acceptance rate of 77%. There are certain admission standards that the students will need to meet before getting to enroll in a program of their choice. The admission standards for undergraduate admissions, international admissions, and graduate admissions have been discussed below.
For any questions or concerns, interested applicants can contact the University at 812-855-0661.
INDIANA UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS PROCESS
- Applicants have to choose from three options while applying for admission. Students have to submit an essay as part of the admission process. Indiana Universirty accepts the Apply IU Application, Common Application, and Coalition Application.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Students must enter the accurate information when it comes to high school senior schedule and birthdate.
- An essay of 200-400 words is absolutely necessary.
- Students must submit their test scores if applicable. IU's SAT code and ACT code are 1324 and 1210 respectively.
- Students must send arrange for the high school transcripts and full senior year schedule to be sent to the University.
- Transfer students need to send transcipts from any previous College or University attended. In case of less than 26 transferable semester hours, applicants must submit their high school transcripts for consideration.
- IU also has other criterias for international students and Graduate programs. For more information, interested applicants can visit the official website.
SAT Scores you need to get in
1150 - 1360
Applicants Submitting SAT
SAT Reading 25th
SAT Math 25th
SAT Composite 25th
SAT Reading 75th
SAT Math 75th
SAT Composite 75th
Average SAT Score
Notably, Indiana University-Bloomington also considers the SAT scores of the applicants for their admission. The candidates must also understand that the SAT scores are mandatory for them to be considered for admission by the university. The average SAT score of the candidates who get accepted to IUB is 1255. However, in some cases, those who have obtained a SAT score of 1150 or below could also get into the university. As many as 76% of the applicants to the university submit their SAT scores for admission consideration.
ACT Scores you need to get in
24 - 31
Applicants Submitting ACT
ACT Math 25th
ACT English 25th
ACT Composite 25th
ACT Math 75th
ACT English 75th
ACT Composite 75th
Average ACT Score
Candidates can also submit their ACT scores for securing admission to Indiana University-Bloomington. According to the latest data, the applicant should have an average ACT score of 27 to get accepted. Moreover, most of the candidates accepted by Indiana University-Bloomington have composite ACT scores in the range of 24-31. The minimum ACT composite score that is required in order to be considered for admission by IUB currently stands at 24. Also, for admission consideration by the university, students must submit their ACT scores. The latest information shows that 57% of the applicants submit their ACT scores for admission to this institute.
Estimated GPA Requirements & Average GPA
Grade Points Average (GPA)
IU has high academic standards. Hence, applicants will need to have very good high school grades if they wish to get admitted. The average high school GPA is 3.62 on a scale of 4.0.
What Really Matters When Applying
High School GPA
High School Rank
High School Transcript
College Prep Courses
Neither required nor recommended
INDIANA UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Students have to choose from three options of application while applying to IU. Indiana Universirty accepts the Apply IU Application, Common Application, and Coalition Application.
- Students have to send in an essay of 200-400 words as part of the admission process.
- Students must arrange for their high school transcripts, transcripts from previous college or University attended and so on.
- If applicable, students must submit their test scores.
- An application fee has to be paid by the student which is non-refundable.
Early Decision Deadline
Early Action Deadline
Offer Action Deadline
Offers Early Decision
Accepts Common App
Accepts Coalition App
In addition to furnishing the required documents and information, the applicants also need to deposit an application fee of $65. The application deadline of the university depends on several factors. Fall applications, most popular among students, usually start from September and might go on till April. September deadline usually pertains to early decision, while the final deadline is in April. Notably, to be eligible for scholarships, students might have to apply before early deadline. This is why it is always recommended to apply early.
Acceptance Rate and Admission Statistics
|Percentage of admitted who Enrolled (Admission Yield)||22%||25%||24%|
Percent of Admitted Who Enrolled (Admission Yield)
Credit for Life Experiences
Almost all universities in the US incentivize students by helping them earn university credit by taking certain courses in high school. There are many such programs available, and some of the popular ones are Dual Enrollment (also known as Dual Credit), AP Credit, and CLEP (Credit for Life Experiences). However, every university follows its own, separate policy regarding these credits. There are many perks of using these programs such as a shorter time to finish a degree, a higher GPA, and increased chances of completing the degree. To avail AP and CLEP credits, students can simply visit collegeboard.org and request to submit the scores to the university of their choice.