Admission Process in Waldorf University
Waldorf University offers a very wide spectrum of online education programs since 2010. Having an old history the university provides very experienced administration and faculty for the precise training courses. The University encourages the choice of the student to enroll in the program as per their interest. University is open to all students of the world with some minor changes in the admission process. As the university has various courses to offer an individual can have a look at the university for their further studies and university appreciates your decision. The different domains are as follows:
- Admission process for undergraduate Students in Online program
- Admission Process for Graduate Students in Online program
- Admission Process for High School Students in Online Programs
- Admission process for International Students in Online Program
Admission process for Undergraduate Students
The university has set some guidelines and rules for admission process and the student needs to submit some documents and certificates for the enrollment into the online program. The students who are opting for an online undergraduate program have to submit the following documents:
- Submit the entire Application
- Proved documentation of high - school completion or any similar certificate with proof
- The candidate who is transferring in 12 post-secondary credits or more can certify themselves that they have completed their high - school and need to give details of the city, high school name, state, year of graduation
- An authorized copy of all the documents from the institution which are attended earlier than this
- The candidate who does not have 12 post-secondary credits need to submit the authorized transcript of high school with GPA of a minimum of 2.0 or similar before enrolling in course
- The students which are using Federal Student Aid (FSA) need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria and need to accept the Waldorf University provisions
Admission Process for Graduate Students
The students who wanted to go with the graduate degree program with Waldorf University need to submit the document and should fulfill the criteria of the university mentioned below:
- Submit the entire Application
- A bachelor degree from a renowned college or university which is acknowledged by the U.S. Department of Education and if any student has international document which has the proof then they need to submit an authorized and authenticated transcript of the same which is issued by government executive and is attested by the executive this document should be a proof of completion of accredited bachelor degree or similar to that
- The candidate should possess at least 2.50 cumulative GPA in their graduate level certification
- The candidate who has a GPA of 2.00 to 2.49 will be reviewed by the Waldorf University admission executive /VPAA and if the review is found appropriate and if it is fulfilling the criteria then the student may get the admission to Waldorf University and with the precise status of application of that particular candidate. The mandatory condition is that the student needs to have at least B grade in the program with respect to their application status
- The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) have the authority to convert and translate the documents which are not equivalent in U.S. as NACES is the authorized translating service
Admission Process for High School Students
The student who wanted to get admission in Waldorf University needs to submit the document mentioned below:
- Submit the entire Application
- The age of the candidate should be 15 and have cumulative GPA of 2.5 and completed the sophomore year of high school
- The candidate should have an approval letter from their high school which is allotted by school administration or institute's advisor or executive or counselor present in the high school
- The letter of agreement from the parents or guardian of the candidate regarding their monetary support and responsibility.
- Present school's Transcript's copy, If the student has homeschooled than parents are the one who can report the candidate's GPA and in the form of a documented letter to the director of admissions or to the registrar
Admission process for International Students
The student needs to self-certify that they have completed their studies till Grade 12 and the document should be equivalent to a U.S. secondary school. The document should be a proof of completion of course under an accredited high school diploma or GED certificate.An official from National Association of Credential Evaluation Services member organization(NACES) which is the authorized group to check and certify the student's international institute transcript will examine it. The registrar at the Waldorf University to whom the students need to send a copy of certifying institutes report.
The students who are coming for admission from a country which does not have English as their primary language then they need to submit any one of them:
- International English Language Testing System Exam (IELTS)
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
International English Language Testing System Exam (IELTS): A band of at least 5 or more is necessary.
Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): In paper-based version, it should be at least 500 or more and Internet-based version it should 61 or more.
The conditions for the students from which the TOEFL and IELTS scores are not needed
- Study in any discipline in which English was the language
- The institutions which are domiciled in the U.S. and Canada the student whose English language transcripts have been approved by them
- The Government of Vietnam issued written evidence of accomplishment of the C Level English certificate
- A written evidence of successful completion of at least 30 academic semester hours of university or institute level courses excluding ESL for which one can change the possession. The language must be English for the course
For the further information, the students can go to the website of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). There are some substitute options for those who do not fit into the essential criteria due to some unusual or rare reason can go for a petition. Under admission status policy the candidate can apply for admission using a substitute method and if the student got a permission then that student can apply for 4 courses and for those who are looking for non-degree basis. if the student's performance is good and that student is getting 3.0 GPA or higher after opting for 4 courses then they will be allowed to take degree course program. If in case the GPA of a student is less than 3.0 then that student will be terminated from the Waldorf University.
Authentication and Exceptional Cases
For verification process students need to submit the required documents and provide official high school or GED transcripts and any other required document or certification for completion of the authentication process. And, if the U.S. Department of Education picks a student for further verification then that student needs to have an evaluation. If the students fail to do so then that student will be dismissed from the process and forfeiture of credits. If the student is not able to submit an official high school transcript due to natural disaster the Waldorf University's registrar will check the petition of student and verify the eligibility for admission and in this case the student will be doing a nondegree course with the university and need to complete twelve (12) semester hours which should be approved by the university official.
Waldorf University from post-secondary institutions must get the official transcript for completion of the process. The student who are taking admission into online courses. Before completing twelve (12) undergraduate or six (6) graduate credit hours the student needs to give official transcripts. Only if the official transcripts are submitted then and only then official transfer credit will not be awarded and it should be accredited by U.S. Department of Education if not then the university will not provide a transfer credit as it is not fulfilling the transfer credit criteria. All the document or certification is given to the University for admission become the sole property of Waldorf University and it will not be returned at any time and Waldorf University is also not permitted to give it to the third party.
Once the application is completed the student will get some transfer credit evaluation. The evaluation of a single degree is free of cost and if the student wanted to get further evaluation then they need to pay 35 dollars for it. For all the necessary material the student will be notified after 6 business days. After this student can register for courses. The students need to submit the necessary documents on email@example.com.
The Student must have a good connectivity and high-speed internet and an email account which is operated by a single person to finish the online course at Waldorf University. Student those who do not have their personal internet connection can check with the nearby libraries, schools, or a public business to locate access to the internet. The students should have Adobe reader and should save the documents in doc format and some software and courses will need some software so the student needs to check for them as well.
The course credit for the online education program depends upon the term format and will get examined according to semester hours. So according to this rule the 3 semester hours will be equivalent to 3 online courses. The calendar is designed in such a way that it provided the term start dates, end dates, and registration periods. For the attendance, there is no system designed on a regular basis the students can log in on weekly basis and review the week's assessment report and for the daily studies, they can do it offline. The student can submit their projects and can be a part of discussions. University official will let the students know about the course and the guidance which they need. Students are not allowed to abuse the attendance part else it will lead to cancellation of that term. If any student wanted to change anything then they can contact university administration for their queries. Each student will be notified via an email for any further updates or anything related to their candidature. The email mostly contains the information related to the course or online account.
Policies Related to online program admission
Waldorf University has divided this into 3 different types. It can be temporary, conditional or accepted. In temporary the application of student is submitted and has not gone further for evaluation and the transfer credit is evaluated. In conditional, the application of student is submitted and approved, and transfer credit is examined on the copies of transcripts. In accepted, the application is approved and all the documents have been submitted as well as the transcripts and files. The university's transcript will not be given to the student who is on temporary status. For conditional status the transfer credit will not be given to students only transcript will be given. The accepted status student will get the transcript for all the institutions.