About the Scholarship
Calaveras Big Trees Association supports the Emily M. Hewitt Memorial Scholarship. Calaveras Big Trees Association (CBTA) was built up in the year 1974 by a gathering of people who aim at protecting the memorable groves for future generations. The establishment is a non-benefit, charity 501(c)(3) enterprise to help the interpretive and natural instructive programs at Calaveras Big Trees State Park.
How to apply for this scholarship?
- The students applying for this scholarship must have been completed their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to receive this award.
- The applicants must provide a transcript of all college work completed to date.
- Candidates are required to provide an essay or statement based on their personal and career goals.
- A portfolio (if applicable) that consists of high-quality color photos of originals must have been submitted.
Emily M. Hewitt Memorial Scholarship award amounts to
- This scholarship provides $1500 annually and is non-renewable.
- The total number of awards offered by this scholarship is limited to one candidate each year.
The applications are to be submitted by the end of April 15, 2020. Students are informed to submit their scholarship application and other requirements are to be submitted before the due date. Applications and other information are available online on the Calaveras Big Trees Association website.
The applicant must be a graduate student enrolled in an accredited California post-secondary educational institution full-time where the educational career goals agree to Emily’s interest in communicating and interpreting nature’s wonder.
The student may be pursuing a degree in forestry, wildlife and fisheries biology, environmental protection, environmental law and public policy, parks and recreation, environmental art, park management, or California history.
The student should demonstrate financial need.