About the Scholarship
Jacob and Rita Van Namen Marketing Scholarship is accredited by The American Floral Endowment. The foundation is a charitable nonprofit organization that funds research and scholarships in floriculture and environmental horticulture for the benefit of growers, wholesalers, retailers, allied industry organizations and the general public.
Jacob and Rita Van Namen Marketing Scholarship was started in 1997, to develop knowledgeable, creative individuals who plan to apply their education to a horticulture-related career business.
How to apply for this scholarship?
- Students are required to submit their current official transcripts to meet eligibility.
- The understudies applying for this award must present a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
- Candidates must demonstrate their financial need while applying for this scholarship.
Jacob and Rita Van Namen Marketing Scholarship award amounts to
- This scholarship provides $1100 annually and it is non-renewable.
- The total number of awards offered by this scholarship is limited to one candidate each year based on the students meeting their requirements.
The applications are to be presented before the end of May 01, 2020. Understudies are informed to present their grant application, and other requirements are to be submitted before the due date. Applications and other information are accessible online on The American Floral Endowment website.
- Must be a current college sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Must have a career interest in agribusiness marketing and distribution of floral products.
- Must have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher. Applicants with lower grade point averages may be considered if they have otherwise outstanding qualifications or extenuating circumstances.
- This award is for international and U.S. students.