About the Scholarship
The Kathy Spadoni Memorial Scholarship is awarded by the Pride Foundation, an organization that believes in living safe, open, and genuine lives at the place called home. This institution provides the much-needed support to the minorities present in society and encourages them to come out and seize the opportunities provided to them.
The Kathy Spadoni Memorial Scholarship is a writing competition that evaluates the participants based on their writing skills, knowledge, creativity, etc in order to encourage authority and involvement in the LGBTQ community.
How to Apply?
The following documents are required to be submitted by the applicant in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- A completed application, available online on the official website of Pride Foundation
- The contact details of the applicant's two references
- Essay-answers to the 6 topics mentioned in the application, namely - Career Objectives, Academic Objectives, Social Service, Barriers, a Quote (in 3000 characters each), and Activities (in 5000 characters)
- Applicants pursuing or looking forward to pursuing education in visual arts, music or design may also present 2 samples of their creations in any of the acceptable formats
The above-mentioned documents need to be submitted on or before the deadline date.
The Kathy Spadoni Memorial Scholarship awards one monetary scholarship of around $4160 to the winner, every year.
The award will be inclined more to individuals who're self-identified as a part of the LGBTQ community, part of an LGBTQ family, or have played a huge part in the support of the LGBTQ community.
The deadline to apply for the Kathy Spadoni Memorial Scholarship is 5 p.m. PST on January 10, 2020.
The candidate applying for the Kathy Spadoni Memorial Scholarship must:
- be a high school senior at the time of application.
- be a resident of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington state.
- be a U.S. citizen.
- demonstrate a history of leadership and positive social activism.
Scholarships you may also be interested in
For more Scholarships, you can visit Scholarships for College Students