About the Scholarship
This a scholarship program which is sponsored by the “Taiwan Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, USA” to discern and financially support college-bound high school graduates and continuing undergraduate students who have previously been recipients in selected are of the United States. Tzu Chi USA Scholars are selected based on various fundamentals few of them are like their economic status, educational .i.e. it their academic performance entirely and his/her involvement in the needs of the community.
Eligible students for the current year's scholarship program will be promoted by mail and prizes will be awarded at the Scholarship Award Ceremony at the regional office of the Tzu Chi Foundation.
How to apply for the Scholarship?
- Starting in January, the application for a scholarship is available on the Taiwan Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, U.S.A. official website.
- The following documents must be submitted in addition to the completed application: an official transcript of high school; copies of the ' 1040 Income Tax Return ' form of the applicant or parents / guardian, and any other evidence of his / her financial need; two letters of recommendation from his teachers, counselors and/or other advisors and two essays on the questions referred to in the application (check the application for more details).
- The completed application must be sent to the applicant's nearest Tzu Chi Foundation Regional Office.
- Applications sent to the national offices will not be considered.
- A list of regional offices and respective deadline dates is available on the application form.
Award amount of the Scholarship:
The award for this scholarship is up to $1,000 annually and this is totally non-renewable.
The number of prizes given varies from year to year.
Please Note*: The number of recipients for this program varies depending on the number of students in any given year who meet the eligibility requirements.
Deadline for the scholarship:
March 8 is the deadline for this scholarship.
- The candidate must be a high school senior at the time of application.
- He/ She must be a U.S. citizen.
- The applicant must complete a minimum of 50 hours of community service with Tzu Chi or another charitable organization.
- The candidate must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- He/ She must plan to enroll on full-time education.