About Biola University
On Campus Housing
Biola University is a nationally ranked private not-for-profit institution. The university is located at La Mirada in California. The university strongly believes and follows Biblical studies and incorporates its values into the education provided. The faculty members at the university hold doctorates from some of the world’s leading universities like Cambridge, MIT, and Oxford. The university provides over $55 million in the form of scholarships each year. About 84% of the students at the university receive financial assistance.
- University accreditation is done by WASC Senior College and University Commission.
University's acceptance rate is 65%.
The student population at the university comprises 6,095 students which include 4,855 full-time students along with 1,240 part-time enrollments.
45% of the students are male and the rest 55% are female.
The total graduation rate at the university is 72%.
Online Education at Biola University
The university provides online education in 32 programs available across 4 majors.
The online courses and the syllabus are designed with the flexibility needed by adult learners and working professionals to balance their education and career.
Some of the Biola University reviews by the students are given below.
- Biola is a great place to learn and become a better leader. Every class integrates faith and the opportunities to become involved are plenty. Professors, staff, and students are very friendly. Also, chapels and events encourage spiritual growth. Biola University nursing courses are well equipped with industry standard infrastructural provisions and experienced teachers.
Every person is very friendly and willing to help out new people. There are a lot of ways to create communities for people who are moving from all over the world. Each professor is so willing to help students who are struggling, whether it be in their own class or another. The relationships go beyond teacher-student and cross over into a realm of mentor-mentee, as each professor is also approachable with personal problems. The university is truly Christ-centered and have a strong community of believers.
- Biola University dorms are kept neat and are a wonderful place with high living standards.
The university rankings according to Forbes and US News are as mentioned below.
The university is ranked at number 307 in Top Colleges, number 207 in Research Universities, number 62 in the West, and at number 147 in Research Universities.
According to US News, the university is ranked at number 237 in High School Counselor Rankings and at number 157 in National Universities.
Highest Degree Offered
36% percentage of students who recieved an income-based Federal Pell Grant intended for low-income students.
Median Household Income
$75,484 per year
Campus Emergency Phones
Mobile Campus Emergency Alert
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Median Earnings 10 Years After Graduation
Students Receiving Gift Aid
Average Aid Per Year
Students Receiving Federal Grants
Average Aid Per Year
Average Grant & Scholarship by Family Income
$30K - $48K
$48K - $75K
$75K - $110K
Total Needs based Scholarships/Grants
Total Non-Needs based Scholarships/Grants
The university has various provisions under financial aids that extend funds and monetary assistance to students. These provisions can be used to pay fees and meet other expenses related to academics.
The various financial assistance schemes provided at the university are in the formats of scholarships, grants, loans, and federal work-study options. The students who wish to avail of these facilities are required to fill in the FAFSA form and meet certain eligibility factors.
Eligibility criteria vary according to the type of provision opted for. The Biola University federal school code is 001122.
The various financial aids provided by the university include the following schemes.
Institutional Aids provided by the university include Biola University scholarships such as President’s Scholarship, Provost’s Scholarship, Dean’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Eagle’s Scholarship, University Grant, International Student Aid Grant, and the Helen Grace Colbert Yates Loan along with the Freeman-Aitken-Somerville Loan.
Federal Aids such as the Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, TEACH Grant, Direct Subsidized Loan, Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Direct PLUS Loan, Federal Nursing Loan, and the Federal Work-Study option.
Cal Grant A, Cal Grant B, and California Chafee Grant are given as the State Aids.
Post 9/11 GI Bill is the Military Aid provided at the university.