About the Scholarship
The Beinecke Scholarship Program was established by the Board of Directors of The Sperry and Hutchinson Company to honour Edwin, Frederick, and Walter Beinecke in 1971. This Board provides scholarships for the graduate education of the youth. This scholarship program seeks to encourage and enable highly motivated students to pursue opportunities available to them and to be courageous in the selection of a graduate course of study in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
How to apply for the Scholarship?
- The candidate can apply for this online on Sperry and Hutchinson Company website.
- The candidates are considered for the superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.
- The candidate must have to submit the FAFSA certificate.
- The candidate has to produce an academic excellence certificate.
- The candidate has to produce CAT/SAT scorecard.
- The candidate has to submit a recommendation letter.
Award amount of the Scholarship:
A Beinecke Scholar receives a total of $34,000 in support of his/her graduate education.
The initial payment of $4,000 is awarded directly to the student prior to entering graduate school.
This scholarship is non-renewable.
The number of awards given to the student per year varies.
Deadline for the Scholarship:
The deadline for the scholarship is the 13th of February.
A student must demonstrate creativity and leadership quality.
Students are expected to have well-formulated, although not necessarily immutable, ideas about the direction of their future studies and subsequent careers.
Candidates are required to have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during their undergraduate years.
- A student must have financial need.