About Baker University
On Campus Housing
Baker University was established on February 12, 1858, and is a private not-for-profit type institution. It is one of the top-ranked universities in Kansas and is affiliated with United Methodist Church. The university continues a tradition of devotion to the Christian faith and academic excellence.
In 1858, the founders of the university decided that the university will be governed by an overseeing body of not more than 32 members. Presently, the university's Board of Trustees remains the highest governing body of the university.
Located in Baldwin City, kansas, the university is held in high regard in the region as it promises high rate of placements for its students, that too with competitive salaries. With an acceptance rate of 78%, the total student population is approximately 2,726 which included 1,221 full-time students. The university cares for individual growth of each student which is reflected in the student teacher ratio of 7:1, with a graduation rate of 55%. Not only does the university provides on-campus courses, it is also known for its online courses, some detail of which is given below:
- The university's learning management system is accessed through Baker University Moodle which is a software application that makes course content readily available to students. It acts as an online classroom.
- It contains reading assignments, papers, and project, tests, an opportunity to discuss course concepts, and additional learning opportunities.
- The online learning is easy to access and flexible, hence helps the students with different styles of learning.
- The university uses advanced tools and technology to teach their students and provide them 24/7 tech support.
Are you wondering about the accreditation body for Baker University?
Rest assured because Baker University is accredited by one of the six regional accreditators, the Higher Learning Commission.
Student reviews on university are given below.
- Professors and students are very caring and helpful.
- The university always strives to provide global exposure for the students
- Class sizes are small, hence it makes easier for a student to learn and interact with the faculty.
Rankings of the university according to the US News & Report are as follows:
50 in 'Regional Universities-Midwest'.
71 in 'Best Value Schools'.
264 in 'Best Online Bachelor’s Programs'.
224 in 'Best Online Graduate Education Programs'.
Annual Cost to Attend
Average Annual Cost
Another major concern for most applicants is the finance, tuition and so on.
Baker University tuition and fee are quite appropriate for the kind of education it provides. Your annual cost in total will come up to approximately $44,410, which includes housing, meals, miscellaneous expenses other than tuition and fee. We will also be talking about the in-depth information of everything related to finance of studying in Baker University in this section.
Highest Degree Offered
36% percentage of students who recieved an income-based Federal Pell Grant intended for low-income students.
Median Household Income
$67,759 per year
Campus Emergency Phones
Mobile Campus Emergency Alert
The university offers on-campus housing facilities to the students who wish to stay on the campus. At BU, $8,350 is the normal expense for on-campus housing, which a student will be needed to pay, each year. To ensure the safety and security of students, the university has a number of campus safety and security measures in place. Some of these features include 24-hr security patrol, campus emergency phones and mobile campus emergency alert. The number of female and male students at the university are 43% and 57%, respectively.
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Median Earnings 10 Years After Graduation
Students Receiving Gift Aid
Average Aid Per Year
Students Receiving Federal Grants
Average Aid Per Year
Average Grant & Scholarship by Family Income
$30K - $48K
$48K - $75K
$75K - $110K
Total Non-Needs based Scholarships/Grants
The university is committed to providing all the financial support to students by taking care of all their educational expenses. To be eligible for financial aid students from the university can fill FAFSA form. Baker University federal school code is 001903. Some of the financial aid facilities provided to the eligible students are given below.
- Federal aids that are given out by the federal government
- State aids, awarded by the states
- Institutional aids that are awarded by the institution
- Military aids that are awarded to the veterans who study in the institute