Avg. Federal Grant
Avg. Federal Loan
Total Aid Awarded
Financial Aid Breakdown
Temple’s mission is to provide an excellent education to talented and motivated students so. They are providing different grants to the students to make it financially possible for them to earn the degree at affordable expense.
Here is a detailed breakdown of the financial aids that you can expect to receive at Temple University. On an average, almost 72% of students get financial aids.
- Approximately 29% of the students get Federal Grant Aid, which comes to around $4,893
- Almost the same percentage of students receive the Pell Grant aid, which is 28% of the student population. The amount comes up to $4,564
- 25% of the students are entitled to State Grant Aid, the amount for which is somewhere around $3,640
- The most percetange of students at 80% receive Institutional Grants. The amount for this aid is around $7,282
- A staggering 69% of the students take a loan at the default rate of 8.3%, the amount for which is $9,798 approximately.
Federal Aid based on Family Income
As we have mentioned earlier, the financial aids are given based on financial needs too. Keeping that in mind, here is a breakdown of the amounts that students from different income groups can expect. In the income group of $0-$30,000, students can expect aids of approximately $12,986. For the next scale, which is $30,001-$48,000, the students receive grants of $12,034 on an average. Unfortunately, however, as the scales keep increasing, the grants keep decreasing quite a bit. The next scale, which is $48,001-$75,001, students can expect grants of about $10,018. The higher the scale, the drastic the difference. This can be noticed as the scale of $75,001-$110,000, the grant only covers$7,438, and the last cap which is anything above $110,000, the grant comes up to only $4,258.
Student Loans for Temple University
Average Loan Amount
Student loans can be of great support to those who are in need of short-term financial requirements. Moreover, loans can also cover that part of cost of attendance that is not covered up by the scholarships and grants. Temple University student loans are disbursed to the students at the beginning of each term. Let's look at some of the loan sources:
- Federal Direct Loan (subsidized/unsubsidized)
- Federal PLUS Loan (parent/graduate)
- Federal Consolidation Loans
- Alternate Loans (private loans)
To know more about these loan options, click here.